Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Apple Dijon Pork Chops


Pork chops are a tricky thing.  I find normally most people overcook them to be dry bits of shoe leather and I don't enjoy them at all.  I like my pork chops cooked medium to medium well and I like lots of flavor to them.  I have also learned that having the bone in the chop makes a world of difference to the flavor.  I came across this recipe a few years back and it has been my go-to recipe for pork chops ever since.  Moist, sweet and savory, they are perfect for these sunny BBQ days.  Try them out on your family - you won't be disappointed. Just be sure not to overcook them!

Apple Dijon Pork Chops

3-4 pork chops, bone in (I get mine from Costco - you can't go wrong there!)
6 Tbsp brown sugar
6 Tbsp coarse grainy mustard or dijon mustard (I buy the Old Fashioned Dijon from Superstore with the coarse grains in it - much less overpowering and great texture to them)
3 Tbsp apple juice
3 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

Mix sugar, mustard, juice and worcestershire (isn't there a shorter name for that?) together. Reserve half and pour half over chops in a ziplock bag.  Turn bag frequently and marinate for as long as you've got before dinner time - I usually try to get this going about an hour or so before I grill.
Heat BBQ to medium high and grill pork chops about 5 minutes, turning 90 degrees half way to get those nice char marks.  Flip and cook another 3 minutes or so and then turn heat down to medium-medium low (depending on your grill and your hot spots!).  Baste with remaining marinade often and continue cooking until desired doneness, about Medium to Medium Well is perfect. Enjoy!  

**Because of the cut of meat (if you have the bone in) they may still be pink inside but that is okay .... they will not look the same as some other pork

No comments:

Post a Comment