Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 80


Happy Tuesday :)  Another week of school down, I guess that puts me one week closer to summer again.  We are semi-back into the routine.  I am not going to lie, I HATE getting up early and making lunches and rushing everyone out the door but it is kind of nice to have a system going and to be up and productive before 9am.  I am also loving being back at the gym.  I told myself I would go over the summer and I went ... exactly 3 times.  Now that the kids are in class all day and it is just Lydia I can go a few times a week and enjoy my time there and not feel bad about the kids being at home alone or what else I should be doing.  It is my time to do something for myself and with Dallin in school and being the parent at home 24/7, I am finding I really do need that time to myself.  We are facing down a nasty semester with 2 finance classes for Dallin which equals a LOT of homework, assignments and tests.  January can't some soon enough!

This week for dinner:

Sunday:
Big Rock Burgers (a nickname we gave to homemade burgers loaded to the max) with fresh veggies, fruit and chips

Monday:
Brown sugar soy marinated chicken (I add crushed garlic clove to the marinade too), parmesan mashed potaotes, garlic mushroom green beans and green salad with balsamic vinaigrette

Tuesday:
Penne with grilled chicken in tomato cream sauce, salad and fresh peaches (we have a few left that need to get eaten!)

Wednesday:
Honey Lime chicken Enchiladas (I have been craving them for a while but haven't made them), spanish rice, zucchini and corn

Thursday:
Pork Satay with coconut brown rice, spicy glazed carrots, asian salad

Friday:
It depends on if we are going out for Dallin's mom's birthday or not.  If we do we will go out for dinner and if not I may make homemade pizza.

Saturday:
If we do not go out Friday night we may go out Saturday for a date night.  Kids will eat something easy at home ;)  If not we will whip something up or maybe we will all go out together.

Is there anything you are dying to make now that fall is coming?  I love fall food, and baking with pumpkin is high on my list.  I am waiting just a little longer to make some pumpkin spice bread and pumpkin muffins with cream cheese icing.  YUMM!

1 comment: